Pairing Oticon Opn hearing aids with an Android device
Special note: To use Oticon Opn hearing aids with your Android device for making and receiving calls you will need a ConnectClip. Android™ phones are not able to stream calls or music without a ConnectClip.
Please refer to our guide here to set up your phone to stream calls.
To use your phone as a remote you can follow these steps:
- Take your phone and go under Settings
- Click on Bluetooth™
- Enable Bluetooth
- Go to the Google Play store and download the Oticon ON app
- Open the app after it finishes installing
- Open and close the battery doors on both of your hearing aids while your phone is searching. If you have rechargeable hearing aids, hold the volume down button for 3 seconds to turn them off, then do this again to turn them on. Now they will be in pairing mode for 3 minutes.
- Your hearing aids will show up as an available device once they are found (Oticon Opn).
- Press pair and your hearing aid will connect.
- Now you can adjust the volume and change programs through the app.
You cannot make calls through your phone without the ConnectClip.
(Please call 888-878-2510 if you do not have one.)
If you are unable to connect through Bluetooth your phone may not be compatible with your hearing aids.