HearingLife supports your externship with an experienced audiologist mentor, who is supported by our clinical Learning and Development Team.
You will have the opportunity to engage with your extern peers and peer clinicians throughout the country. This will provide you with structure and support to further develop your clinical skills, while learning more about the business side of a dispensing audiology office.
HearingLife externs gain hands-on experience providing comprehensive evaluations to our patients and consultations to find the best solutions to meet their individual needs.
To apply for our Student Extern Program, or for more information, email us.
HearingLife is seeking extern candidates who:
- Are passionate about providing personalized, life-changing hearing healthcare
- Possess a desire to grow and an enterprising mindset, while providing the best in patient care
- Identify with our mission to give back to the community through our volunteer initiatives and Give Back program
- Desire to be part of a community driven to continuously learn and grow
- Are excited about sharing revolutionary technology with patients
Love your extern experience... stay and grow with us
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Competitive salary and incentives upon graduation and licensure
- 401K with company match
- Complimentary hearing aids for Team Members and generous discount program for family members
- Growth opportunities and leadership training programs
- Cutting-edge diagnostic audiometers, real-ear systems and hearing instrument test boxes
The Student Extern Program is a one-year program with sessions held throughout the year. Positions are available throughout the United States.
“HearingLife has provided me with a unique opportunity to gain experience in multiple fields of audiology such as vestibular, hearing aids, and evoked potentials in their medical model clinic whilst working in a location that I love. I have made long-lasting friendships and know that should I ever need guidance I can always reach out to those who helped me develop during my externship."
– Rachelle S., Audiology Extern
"Being a HearingLife extern has been a great experience! I have been able to travel to multiple clinics, learn from different audiologists, and expand my hearing aid knowledge by putting into practice what I learned in grad school. This externship has given me the opportunity to form relationships with patients that will extend into my career as an audiologist and make for an easy transition. I am excited to begin a career with HearingLife and look forward to the opportunity to provide an educational and hands on externship opportunity for future audiologists!"
– Brian V., B.A., Audiology Extern
"I am so glad that I chose to come to HearingLife as an extern! My preceptor shared a vast amount of knowledge over the past year and was always available to help when guidance was needed. I had the opportunity to see a wide variety of patients, travel to different clinics in the area, and develop confidence to practice as an independent clinician. I developed professional relationships with patients and other providers that are invaluable as I start my new job as an Audiologist at another HearingLife location!"
– Danielle M., Audiology Extern